Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Lesson seeds

Having to knock up a scheme of work in a hurry, I came across some sketchy ideas from around this time last year. I have a feeling that I was under a similar time pressure then as well.

Despite being somewhat baffled by what I originally intended for the lessons to look like, I'm planning to run with one or more of them this term.

I have to confess a liking for this idea of lesson seeds. I find that the creativity needed for devising an interesting lesson doesn't match with the structured approach that the obligatory lesson plan calls for. I also like the idea that these seeds would probably lead to something different each time I come to use them. This creation of a generative set of criteria seems a much more effective way of approaching planning to me.

Does anybody else relate to an approach like this? Perhaps you could share some seeds.

No comments: